Happy New Years!
Every year I try to set goals for my fused glass. I also review my goals from last year to see how I did. I’m looking forward to this year and learning new techniques.
2016 was a great year for me professionally. I still love my job that I started last year and enjoy the people work with. I also created a lot of commercial fused glass orders for various hotels and restaurants. I participated in approximately 10 shows where I showed off my fused glass and met some wonderful people. I took some amazing classes from fabulous instructors Bob Leatherbarrow, Amanda Taylor, and Shelley Long. What a fun year!
I like to take this time to look over my goal for 2016 to see how I did on accomplishing them.
- Update my Fused Elegance Glass, Elegant Fused Glass by Karen, ArtFire, and Etsy with new Fused Glass artwork.
Nope – I updated Etsy but that’s as far as I got. *This is a high priority for me during 2017!!
- Create more fused glass pieces with metal clay and metalsmithing. *More information to follow.
Nope – didn’t even touch it. Shame on me – I love metal clay. I hope I can do some this year.
- Create new fused glass using new molds.
Yep up-I did pretty good on writing blog involving my new molds. This is actually one of my favorite blogs to write about. I get to use my molds and make fun artwork.
- Share my book / video reviews and create the new fused glass techniques I learned through the many fused magazines, eBooks, and books I read and the new fused glass videos with new fused glass techniques.
Yep – I wrote some but I cut back a little, I need to write some more on some new fused glass ebooks I’ve gotten.
- After spending so much time with people during my craft shows, talking about my fused glass, I want to place some of my fused glass artwork in stores here in Colorado Springs. Check out local locations for more info.
I still have my fused glass artwork in Denver but nothing in Colorado Springs.
- Continue creating my YouTube videos, blogs, and Newsletters. I look forward to researching more topics that are interesting
Yes for the most part – I did great on my blogs (twice a week) and my newsletters but I didn’t do any YouTube videos in 2016 and I probably won’t for 2017. I made them for my customers, but I don’t think they are being used the way I meant for them to be used.
Overall I did pretty good on my list albeit I still need to update my fused glass sites.
In addition to the areas from 2016, I want to focus more on certain fused glass techniques. I’ve taken a lot of great classes over the years and bought a myriad of e-books I want to try. I want to really dedicate some time on these fused glass techniques, not just making them once but really dedicating time.
I also have some great classes lined up for 2017. I’m going to take a vitrigraph / cane class from Laurie Spray, another painting class from Mark Hufford, and hopefully 1 more class if my schedule will work out.
I look forward to your comments and any areas you are interested in regarding jewelry, fused glass, or items you would like me to create.
Keeping my kiln warm.
I wish you all a very Happy New Year!